What happens if I have a car accident abroad?

Published 18/03/2016 10.13 AM   |    Updated 31/08/2019 01.04 AM

If you have LV= Car Insurance, please call us from abroad on (+)44 1689 898 603.

If your car is safe to drive you can continue with your journey and if your schedule shows you have Foreign use we'll arrange for it to be repaired when you get home.

If your car isn't drivable the local police often arrange to move your car. If they don't, you can arrange to take it to a nearby garage. You'll need to pay for this so keep any receipts and if your schedule shows you have Foreign use we'll pay you back.

It's best to call us first on (+)44 1689 898 603 to talk through the options.

If you leave your car somewhere, don't forget to take all your belongings with you.

We'll deal with your claim as quickly as we can, but accidents abroad can often take longer than if you were in the UK because we use agents and claims are dealt with differently overseas.

If you have any queries after making the claim please call us on 0800 678 1706. If you're still abroad, please call (+44) 1202 310980.

Calls will be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.

Did we answer your question?