If I have a lodger will my home insurance be affected?

Published 10/06/2016 10.17 AM   |    Updated 14/09/2017 09.01 AM

No, there's no change to your home insurance if you have a lodger living with you. You and your family's belongings will still be covered under your contents insurance for theft, loss or damage. Also, it's worth noting that your lodger's belongings aren't covered under your contents insurance, so they may wish to buy their own contents cover.

Did we answer your question?