What happens to my accident and sickness cover if I stop working?

Published 18/03/2016 12.10 PM   |    Updated 07/06/2017 09.09 AM

It’s important that you tell us when you stop working. This is because if you’ve retired, become a homemaker or a carer, are unemployed, or are taking a career break when you make a claim for accident and sickness cover, the most we would pay out is £1,500 (plus any inflation-linked increases that take you over this).

We'll change the measure of being unable to work in your own job to a number of activities of daily living instead.

Lastly, we'll be able to reduce the amount you have to pay to reflect your reduced amount of cover.

Did we answer your question?