What's car insurance personal accident cover?

Published 18/03/2016 10.13 AM   |    Updated 14/03/2017 10.38 AM

This covers you if you or your spouse/partner suffer a severe injury while you're in your car, or getting in or out of your car.

You would be covered if either of you were in an accident & the injury resulted in:

  • the complete and irrecoverable loss of sight in one or both eyes
  • permanent loss of any limb above the wrist or ankle; or
  • death

You can find more information about personal accident cover in our car insurance policy document. If you choose comprehensive cover, you can increase this amount from £10,000 to £100,000 when you get your quote.

Did we answer your question?