What's car insurance personal accident cover?
This covers is for all named drivers of the vehicle who suffer a severe injury while in the car, or getting in or out of the car.
The cover applies if any named drivers of the vehicle were in an accident and the injury resulted in:
- permanent or total loss of sight in one or both eyes
- permanent or total loss of hearing in one or both ears
- permanent loss of any limb above the wrist or ankle
- permanent loss of use of any limb above the wrist or ankle
- permanent, total disablement; or
You can find more information about personal accident cover in our car insurance policy document. If you choose comprehensive cover, you can increase this amount from £10,000 to £100,000 when you get your quote.