What am I covered for, under unemployment cover?

Published 18/03/2016 12.10 PM   |    Updated 07/06/2017 09.09 AM

If you’re employed, you’re covered if your employer makes you involuntarily redundant. If you’re self-employed you’re only covered if you’re declared bankrupt, or your business is insolvent, or in liquidation. We won’t consider loss of business, for example the cancellation of a contract, as unemployment.

You’re also covered if you’re employed or self-employed and have to stop work to care for a member of your family.

More details about what you are covered for can be found in the Plan Conditions, Section B1.

Did we answer your question?