What is landlords contents insurance and how much do I need to insure my contents for?

Published 18/03/2016 10.59 AM   |    Updated 31/08/2019 01.05 AM

Landlord's contents insurance covers loss or damage to items like furniture, carpets and other furnishings in your home. It does not include contents belonging to your tenant.

The amount of cover you choose should reflect how much it would cost to replace all of these items as new. You must make sure that the amount is correct to avoid any claim payment being reduced because of underinsurance.

Did we answer your question?