Can LV= landlord insurance cover me?

Published 18/03/2016 10.59 AM   |    Updated 05/12/2018 10.07 AM

We can't insure you if:

  • you're a commercial landlord and the property is used for business purposes
  • you want to insure more than 4 residential properties
  • you only wish to insure landlord's contents
  • you let the property for periods of less than 6 months (unless the property is in Scotland)
  • you are a property developer or investor, letting or managing agent, housing or residents association
  • you've made more than 2 claims relating to landlord insurance (e.g. buildings, landlord's contents or liability claims) in the last 5 years
  • you've had an insurance contract cancelled or declared void due to a breach of a policy condition or misrepresentation
  • you've been convicted of a criminal offence other than spent convictions or motoring offences
  • you've been subject to any bankruptcy, insolvency or winding up procedures you've been the subject of a County Court Judgement or Scottish equivalent

We can't insure you if the property:

  • is in Northern Ireland or outside the UK
  • has previously been flooded or is currently under an Environment Agency Flood Warning
  • has suffered from, or is showing any signs of, subsidence, landslip or heave
  • isn't built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slate, tiles, metal, asphalt or concrete
  • isn't in a good state of repair or is undergoing renovation, structural repairs or alteration
  • is unoccupied
  • is sub-let
  • is used as bed & breakfast, holiday home or care & support accommodation
  • made up of bed-sits (room only accommodation where the tenants share kitchen or bathroom facilities)

Did we answer your question?