Will I still be able to drive in Europe afrer Brexit?

Published 25/02/2019 02.05 PM   |    Updated 01/04/2019 01.05 AM

If a Brexit deal is agreed, you'll be able to drive in Europe as freely as you can now. So, if you have LV= European cover (shown as 'Foreign Use' on your policy schedule), you're all set to go with cover for up to 180 days.

In the event of a 'no deal' Brexit, you'll need a Green Card as evidence that your motor insurance meets EU requirements, when taking your vehicle to Europe (including the Republic of Ireland) from 29 March 2019.

If you are towing, you’ll need two Green Cards – one for your car and one for your caravan or trailer. For more information, check our dedicated Brexit page.

Did we answer your question?