What's home emergency cover?
It can be stressful when things go wrong at home. This reassuring 24-hour emergency option offers £500 cover for each emergency - with no excess on claims, cover includes:
- boiler breakdown (your boiler must be less than 15 years old and serviced in the last 3 years)
- tackling infestation by pests such as wasps or rats
- plumbing emergencies like leaking pipes
- lost or stolen house keys - we'll help you get into your home and make it secure
- the cost of repairs by approved tradespeople to make your home safe, prevent more damage and restore hot water and heating where possible
This isn't a home maintenance contract so boiler servicing and replacing worn out parts are not included. We also cannot cover warm air, solar, under floor, oil fired, LPG or propane heating systems.
You can only get home emergency cover if you've got our home buildings insurance.
If you've taken out LV= Home Emergency cover and need assistance:
Once notified of the incident and we've verified that your claim is covered, we'll arrange for an approved tradesperson to come out to your home and assist with the problem, making sure that the emergency gets sorted out as quickly as possible.