How much do I need to insure my buildings and contents for?

Published 18/03/2016 10.54 AM   |    Updated 14/09/2017 09.01 AM

For buildings insurance, our Home Insurance policy offers a limit of cover of £1 million, in most cases it takes away the risk of being under insured. You don't need to worry about providing us with an actual rebuild value of your home. You only need to let us know if the rebuild cost of your home is more than this amount.

To work out the total amount of contents cover you need you should add together the value of all your contents plus valuables, pedal cycles and personal possessions. The amount should also reflect how much it would cost to replace all of your items as new. You must make sure that the amount is correct as being under insured will affect any claims settlement.

Did we answer your question?