Can I insure a Cat C or D vehicle?

Published 22/08/2016 03.01 PM   |    Updated 05/07/2018 01.19 AM

Yes,with LV= Car Insurance, you can insure a Category C (Cat C) or Category D (Cat D) vehicle with us provided it is roadworthy and has an MOT if applicable. Get a car insurance quote online

For reference, here's the difference between Cat C and D vehicles.

Vehicles written off after an accident, a flood, or fire damage are often classified as Cat C. Although the car is repairable, the cost of the parts and labour, and maybe use of a courtesy vehicle while yours is being repaired, would significantly exceed the value of the vehicle.

Category D is for the most lightly damaged vehicles, or vehicles which were stolen and recovered after the owner has already been paid by the insurance company. The official description of a Cat D vehicle is one that has suffered accident damage that would cost less to repair than its value.

Did we answer your question?