Can I insure a Cat C or D car?

Published 22/08/2016 03.01 PM   |    Updated 14/03/2017 11.12 AM

Yes,with LV= Car Insurance, you can insure a Category C (Cat C) or Category D (Cat D) car with us provided it is roadworthy and has an MOT if applicable. Get a quote online or give us a call on 0800 023 2638.

 Lines are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm Saturday and bank holidays
10am - 4pm Sunday

Calls may be recorded. For Text Phone: dial 18001 first.

For reference, here's the difference between Cat C and D cars.

Vehicles written off after an accident, a flood, or fire damage are often classified as Cat C. Although the car is repairable, the cost of the parts and labour, and maybe use of a courtesy car while yours is being repaired, would significantly exceed the value of the vehicle.

Category D is for the most lightly damaged cars, or cars which were stolen and recovered after the owner has already been paid by the insurance company. The official description of a Cat D car is one that has suffered accident damage that would cost less to repair than its value.

Did we answer your question?