I have concerns about travelling to a country with active ZIKA virus transmission. What cover do you provide?
We understand that you may be worried about travelling to a destination affected by the ZIKA virus:
• If you don’t wish to travel, want to rearrange your trip dates or travel to a different destination, you should contact your booking agent who may be able to change your booking. If you have an LV= single trip insurance policy, we can change your trip dates so that you are covered for when you do travel.
• If your trip was booked before your destination was declared a risk for ZIKA and you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (or are the partner of someone who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant), then you can make a cancellation claim for non-refundable trip costs. However, if you book a trip to a destination already declared at risk for ZIKA and you wish to cancel your trip, then cancellation cover will not apply. To claim, please call us on 0800 707 6966.
• If you are already on a trip and the area you’re staying in is officially declared at risk of ZIKA during your stay, and you are already (or may be) pregnant and want to return home early, please call the assistance helpline on +44 1243 621 537 before cutting your trip short if you want to claim for this.
Medical expenses cover
• The ZIKA virus can take several days before an infected person shows any symptoms and these are usually mild and can be similar to other infections. If you do need medical treatment while you’re away, please call the medical assistance line on +44 1234 621 537 before arranging any medical advice or treatment.
• In the unlikely event that your baby is born prematurely while on a trip and needs emergency medical treatment, then these costs will be paid in line with the policy terms and conditions. Once you return home, any UK medical costs relating to the ZIKA virus will not be covered.
The following information applies if you’re travelling with someone who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant:
Under your LV= travel policy, if you are travelling with someone who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant, and they are covered under their LV= travel policy for cancelling or cutting short their trip (as per the guidance above), you will also be covered.
• For the latest and most up-to-date list of destinations affected by the ZIKA virus, please refer to the UK Government website
• For information about the ZIKA virus and advice for travellers including pregnant women, please refer to the National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) website